A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy died after reportedly being forgotten about and left in a hot car for more than an hour over the weekend.
Chase Lee was found in the closed up car, with authorities since revealing it may have reached 76C inside the sedan parked on Las Vegas Boulevard on Saturday.
Police said the tot had suffered severe heat-related injuries and was unable to survive despite the best efforts of emergency services.
Las Vegas police Lt Roger Price told the Las Vegas Review Journal: “Unfortunately, anytime this happens it’s going to be a tragedy.
“Anytime you lose a child, it’s a tragic accident.
“Nobody intends for it to happen. It doesn’t mean there wasn’t negligence involved with it. But it’s just something none of us want to see.”
It is understood the family, of Utah, had been visiting Las Vegas at the time of the tragedy on Saturday.
About a dozen children were in the group.
MOST READ IN NEWS
‘there will be a RIDICULOUS HOLY WAR’
Time-capsule letter found in Australian man’s wall after 22 years makes eerily accurate predictions
The 24 most wanted Brits in the world – including suspected terrorists, murderers, paedophiles and drug dealers all on the run
RIGHT ROYAL SHOCK
Princess Eugenie was rejected by Newcastle University only to get a place due to her status, prof claims
SLIME AND PUNISHMENT
Vlogger nearly dies shoving LIVE EEL into her vagina online – before porn cops arrest her
‘IF I CAN’T GET YOU I’LL GET YOUR PEOPLE’
Self-confessed acid attacker reveals how London gangs ‘dip knives in chemicals’ and deliberately target rivals’ girlfriends because they ‘care about how they look’
Lt Price said: “Unfortunately, by the time (the parents) figured out what had happened, too much time had already elapsed.”
Little Chase was rushed to the St Rose Dominican Hospital but he was pronounced dead.
Authorities have confirmed drugs or alcohol did not appear to factor in the incident.
It’s not the first time children have tragically died in hot cars, with a seven-week-old infant reportedly left in 40C heat for eight hours.
It has been claimed a relative didn’t know the baby was in a rear-facing seat in the van after church as the temperature in Mary Esther, Florida, soared.
A crying baby was noticed inside a hot car, covered in a blanket, outside a Sainsbury’s earlier this month.