LIVERPOOL head to Watford looking to bounce back from a poor defeat against Crystal Palace.
And they are buoyed by Manchester United, Man City and Arsenal’s failure to win on Saturday.
Adam Lallana and Daniel Sturridge both returned to training this week to hand Jurgen Klopp a timely boost.The Hornets will be without Craig Cathcart but could have Valon Behrami available as he makes his comeback from a hamstring injury.
What TV channel is it on?
The game will be shown live on SkySports1 on Monday May 1. Kick-off is at 8pm.
What is the Watford team news?
Younes Kaboul (hamstring), Roberto Pereyra (knee) and Mauro Zarate (cruciate ligament) are all long-term absences.
Defender Craig Cathcart is a doubt with a knee injury, while returning Valon Behrami (hamstring) will be assessed.
Most Read in Sport
LET’S GET READY TO TUMBLE
Anthony Joshua vows to make a BILLION pounds and is tipped to be a bigger brand than Beckham – but still owes £120 to laundrette
Anthony Joshua is ‘desperate’ to fight Tyson Fury – but Eddie Hearn says it won’t happen for THREE YEARS as Fury is so out of condition
Romelu Lukaku fuels speculation of Chelsea return by hugging top chief Michael Emenalo in tunnel
Cooking on Gaz
Gary Cahill has more Prem goals than Sane, Rashford, De Bruyne, Pogba, Roo, Mahrez and Martial
no walk in the park
Anthony Joshua could face unbeaten WBO champ and former mandatory challenger Joseph Parker in unification bout
Rod in Gea for Utd
James Rodriguez set to join Manchester United in swap with David De Gea say reports from Spain
on their knees
Manchester United’s nightmare fixture run that threatens to wreck top four and Europe League bid
One In a Mil
Chelsea and Man United target Franck Kessie ‘agrees personal terms’ with AC Milan ahead of £23.5m switch
Champs or chumps
Manchester City and Liverpool could face one-off play-off game for final Champions League spot
Made for Chelsea
Kylian Mbappe’s uncle reveals the Monaco teenage prodigy always watches Chelsea matches
Chelsea ready to pay club record £59m for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata as Diego Costa nears exit door
ZLAT MAKES A MEAL OF IT
Man Utd ace Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to take 50 club staff and players out for dinner
TAXI FOR PUEL?
Claude Puel’s future as Southampton boss under threat, according to reports in France
‘i’m interested right now’
Wladimir Klitschko calls for instant Anthony Joshua rematch after losing Wembley fight
Braun Strowman leaves Roman Reigns spewing blood in the ring after impaling him with steel stairs
Manchester City fear Sergio Aguero could miss rest of seasonas they wait to learn extent of Boro injury
Lets Klitsch-GO again
Anthony Joshua ready to give Wladimir Klitschko a £50million rematch in his own back yard… with Tyson Fury the back-up option
WHY ALWAYS HIM?
Brendan Rodgers jokes that Liverpool flop Mario Balotelli is the best player he has worked with
Wayne Rooney’s alarming stats against Swansea show why Jose Mourinho will dump United skipper in the summer
What is the Liverpool team news?
Adam Lallana returned to training this week after being sidelined for a month.
Daniel Sturridge is also back in the frame after a sore hip kept him out of the defeat against Crystal Palace.
Jordan Henderson (foot), Sadio Mane (knee), Ragnar Klavan (knee) and Danny Ings (knee) are all out.
Liverpool took their eye off the ball against Crystal Palace and Jurgen Klopp will ensure that does not happen again.
Watford are a solid side but the Reds have more at stake. Their leaky defence is an issue but with plenty of firepower available they should win.
Premier League form guide
- Watford have lost five of their last six games against Liverpool in the Premier League, winning the other, 3-0 in December 2015.
- Liverpool have won 10 of their previous 12 meetings with the Hornets in all competitions, losing just twice.
- Watford last won back-to-back home games (all comps) against Liverpool in May 1983, as Graham Taylor’s side ran out 2-1 winners.
- Roberto Firmino has had a hand in four goals in his last two Premier League matches against Watford (two goals, two assists), although both appearances came at Anfield.
- All six of Liverpool’s Premier League defeats this season have come against teams outside of the current top 7.
- In fact, the Reds have won just 40 points from 22 Premier League games against teams outside the top 7 this season (1.82 per game), compared to 26 points from 12 games against the current top 7 (2.17 per game).
- This will be the 11th Premier League game that Watford have played on a Monday and of the previous 10,they have only once one (W1 D4 L5) – this came against Portsmouth in April 2007 (4-2 at Vicarage Road).
- Troy Deeney has scored against 41 different opponents in all competitions during his Watford career, but he’s never scored in his three previous appearances versus Liverpool for the Hornets.
- Liverpool will be looking to win three successive Premier League away games under Jurgen Klopp for only the second time, with the previous occasion coming in October 2016.
- Philippe Coutinho has scored in four of his last five Premier League appearances for Liverpool, while he also scored in the reverse fixture for the Reds against Watford back in November.